Sensational Discovery at a Depth of 360 Feet In Coal Mine, Moberly Missouri, 1885

Apr 23 2008

By Terrence P., s8intcom 2008

Photo: This is not a photo of the Moberly giant femur, but one of that size (4.5 feet) reportedly found near Turkey.

According to Wikipedia, Epigraphy is the study of inscriptions or epigraphs engraved into stone or other durable materials, or cast in metal, the science of classifying them as to cultural context and date, elucidating them and assessing what conclusions can be deduced from them.

Got that?

Epigraphic societies, which exist all over the U.S usually publish and maintain esoteric historical records cataloguing such things as ancient writing, ancient monuments and ancient artifacts of the geographical area. Epigraphic societies have been the source of some of the data featured here at s8int.com.

That being the case, why is the Midwestern Epigraphic Society apparently engaged in suppressing the most important information about a sensational Moberly, Missouri coal mine discovery in 1885?

Click Here to Read Article

1. Nick says:

Hi!! just wanted to say thanks for all the work you guys do at S8int.com

God bless.

2. David says:

How come every time I try to leave a comment it doesn’t show up?

I guessed there must be trouble with comments because they seriously dropped off sometime last year. If your comment doesn’t post, send it to me at s8intcom@comcast.net and I’ll post it.

4. Frank Lee says:

Hello, I recently discovered your website and must say that I find all these discoveries of ancient giant men and animals extremely interesting. I can barely tear myself away from reading long enough to attend to my chores. However I do have a question. What happens to all these discoveries that keep them from becoming well known to the public ? Are they hidden away somewhere? Or have they been destroyed? I should hope not. They should be collected somewhere, preserved, and used to educate the public. Keep up the good work, and thanks for such an interesting site. Frank

Frank,

That’s a good question. It’s hard to find follow-up on these articles. I think that the weight of scientific opinion pushes these things out of sight as fakes or hoaxes. There are a lot of great pieces no doubt in the basement of small town museums. Of course, there really are fakes and hoaxes out there as well.

I recently read a story about a young geologist finding a giant, petrifed human head which he verifed to the locals was in fact genuine. He sent it back to the Smithsonian who immediately reversed him and said that it was just a remarkable case of nature’s mimicry and that besides, human flesh doesn’t petrify.

They then for years would use that case to prove that all other petrified finds were simly mistaken cases like that of the young geologists. These things then are not taken seriously by science even if they are promulgated as real artifacts by the dicovering scientists.